This asana is comparatively difficult for the beginners. The body should be properly flexible and the arms should be strong for the perfect performance of this asana. Gymnasts can practise this asana with ease and comfort.
Technique : Sit in the posture of Akarna Dhanurasana Technique 2 (See page no. 50). Place the hands on the floor. Raise the entire body with the support of the arms. Keep straight the stretched leg. See that it does not bend at the knees. In the other technique, one has to change the leg. Practise this asana for thirty seconds in the beginning. Gradually, increase the time to three minutes.
(1) The wind in the body is sublimated by the practice of this asana. It stimulates gastric fire.
(2) This asana cures constipation.
(3) This asana produces digestive juices in abundance and food is digested well.
(4) It assuages abdominal diseases.
(5) The regular practice of this asana brings delightful peace to the mind and it invigorates the body.
(6) It cures all the diseases cured by Utthita Padmasana.