This asana is a variation of Halasana. One should perform it only when one masters Halasana. In this asana,the body takes the shape of a circle and so it is called Vartulasana.
Technique : Lie on the back and first practise Halasana. Then slowly raise the arms and hold the toes with the hands. Do not give a jerk to the body while doing this exercise. Hold this position for eight to ten seconds. Then slowly raise the legs up and without giving the body a jerk bring them back to the ground in the original position. Then place the arms straight by the sides of the hips.
(1) This asana increases youthful energy because it invigorates the sexual organs. This asana is helpful for curing impotence.
(2) It reduces fat around the loins.
(3) It gives enough exercise to the blades of the shoulders.
(4) It enhances the benefits acquired by Sarvangasana.
(5) It has all the benefits of Halasana.