There are few things that need to be kept in mind before starting yoga.
- The best time to practice yoga is early in the morning, say around 5:30 AM.
- It is better to practice yoga in an empty stomach. Never practice yoga after a heavy meal. If you have to start practice after meals, allow at least two hours in between.
- It is better to practice yoga at around the same time everyday.
- Ensure that your clothes are not too tight or too lose. Comfort is the key!
- It is better to remove glasses before yoga practice.
- It is better to not practice yoga during menstrual periods.
- The area of practice should be well lit, and you should have enough room around you. It is important to make sure that this area is clutter free.
- It is important to warm up before practice.
- Use a good yoga mat and ensure that your mat is clean.
If you are enrolled in a yoga class, please ensure that you keep clean hygiene. We tend to sweat during class and it is important that our body odor does not add to the discomfort of others. Excessive cologne or perfume is not too desirable either.